We've also had our fair share of freezing temperatures. December caused some panic as we learned (the hard way) how much wood we would need in order to keep our hearts pumping throughout an entire winter.
In order to store a larger amount of firewood, we have made some adjustments to our garden design.
We have decided to move the woodpile from a location against the fienale to a location at the end of our vegetable garden. This would make the wood accessible from both sides. This would also allow our woodpile to be 1 metre wide x 8 metres long (almost double what it currently is!).
Unfortunately, the new position was but a dream until we could determine exactly where our septic tank was.
So today Stu started digging again.
Luckily, within half an hour he was tapping on cement and shortly thereafter had uncovered our tank! There was great rejoicing as we peered into our tank, alive and pumping and 'aromatic' as it was!
So it seems that we can now confirm the new position for our extended woodpile.
It also seems that next winter will be a cosy one...