11 May 2015

Just in time for my roses!

Those of you who know me will know that I'm rose-obsessed.

Over the last few weeks I've been worried that my 15 climbers and bushes would bloom before I returned to Italy.

Whilst in Australia, I emailed my friends regularly with demands for "The Status of the Roses".

Every response threatened progress:

- "They have green shoots" or

- "The buds are just forming" or

- "The flowers will be blooming within days" or

- "Here's a photo of my first rose"

This last response, received when I was 16,000 kilometres away, sent me into waves of panic: Would I make it home in time!?

It seems I did...

My most advanced climber has been flowering profusely over the last few days and the first of my bush roses bloomed today.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!