12 August 2014

Something wonderful always happens

Recently I read of a 93 year old woman who believes that "if you force yourself to go outside, something wonderful always happens".

These words had a strong impact on me. At 93, she must find it hard to tackle life. At that age, even forcing herself to go outside is probably an achievement.

Then I wondered about the accuracy of the words for people younger than 93. I thought about the best things that happen to me and they do more often than not happen outside. It might be a dark cloudy sky rolling into the valley, it might be scores of butterflies dancing on our wildflower field, it might be new buds on my roses or it might be lizards chasing each other in the sun.

I think this lady is right. When the rest of your world seems boring or sad or lonely, go outside, where "something wonderful always happens".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!