08 October 2013

Payback

We have a bee hive in the cavity above the window in our bedroom. Sadly, we sprayed them today. Their presence means that we cannot open the window and their activity has created a damp spot in the plaster at the top of the window alcove which we suspect is honey. It physically hurt me to see them sprayed, knowing how precious bees are to our world. So I have decided to purchase a few hives and place them in the bottom paddock. While I know nothing about bees at the moment, I do know that hives need a queen bee to start. If a queen bee found its way into our window cavity, then I am sure one will find my hives sooner or later. And when it takes up residence, I will investigate what I then need to do to make amends for what we did today...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!