11 July 2014

I'm back in the kitchen!

Our tomato crop is just starting to come in and Stu managed to pick 4kg this week! The expected yield from each of our 30 plants is 10kg so this is just the beginning! Yesterday I found a very promising relish recipe which uses the skins (refer Country Womens Association cookbook ISBN 9 780143 202349 page 152). I want to use the skins because the tomatoes are small, sweet and soft...and I don't want to lose all that goodness. So yesterday I sliced the tomatoes, added sliced onions and left the mix to sit in salt overnight. This morning the water has been drawn out and I am ready to make relish!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!