10 December 2010

I've done it again...

I've done it again...

I told the curtain man who came to measure our windows that he shouldn't come in his truck because the road was 'not good'.

'Not good' was the best I could do because I didn't know the Italian words for 'cut up', 'ruined', 'stuffed' or 'muddy mess'.

Anyway, when he looked at me I saw the usual confused expression so I felt compelled to try to explain.

Unfortunately I got the words for 'truck' and 'chimney' confused and told him 'a chimney had driven up our road and made it not good'.

He still looked confused but at least I learned the word for mud out of this exchange (I spied a muddy puddle outside his shop and asked him what it was...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!